Friday, April 1, 2011

water works!

Who knew playing with water and a few plastic containers could be SO MUCH FUN?!


When I told/showed the Big Girls what they were going to do...they were ecstatic!


I spread two large bath towels down, then filled up two plastic containers and one large pot with dish-soapy water, gave them some measuring cups and spoons and said, "Have at it!"


They loved it!  Several minutes into the playing, I heard hysterical laughing so I went to investigate.  They were dipping their foreheads into the water and then laughing at each other!


That should've been my first clue that things were about to go awry.  About 10 minutes later they decided it would be a good idea to dump all the water out of the containers, onto the towels.  Too bad the towels weren't big enough to contain all that water!  *sigh*


The good news?  We now have VERY clean kitchen floors!  =)


Even though this fun activity didn't end the way Mom would've wanted, it was still a great activity, and we WILL do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! And now you know what ground rules to set out before hand:) It will still be super fun! I've thought of doing the same with dirty dishes (non-breakable of course). Sophia always asks to help and I've been feeling convicted about not letting her as much as I should because I want to get it done fast- horrible:(
    Thanks for the idea reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave, girl. I'm surprised it only took 10 minutes or so for "disaster." Must be the difference between boys and girls. ;-) I'll save that as a summer OUTDOOR activity for my boys.

    ReplyDelete