Friday, February 26, 2010

anticipation

I had another ultrasound/heart monitoring appointment with Dr. M yesterday. The girls look great! Care to guess how much they weigh?

Ashley weighs 5 lbs 6 oz and Ainsley weighs 5 lbs 13 oz! That's 11 lbs 3 oz of baby. Yeah. No wonder it's getting harder to breath!

This was the milestone I've been waiting for...both babies to be over five pounds...you see, five pounds is when the hospital lets you take your babies home...so we're there!!!

Now I'm just hoping they come soon so I don't have 10 lb babies! As far as when they'll come...who knows?! God knows, and now we're just waiting, anticipating with great excitement their arrival. We really can't wait to meet them!

Here's a little picture we got yesterday:

This is Ashley. And you see that bump on the left side? Well, that's Ainsley's HEAD! Completely amazing...especially considering that they're in different sacs. Ainsley was head down so we couldn't get a face shot of her. But since they're identical, Ashley should give you a pretty good idea of what Ainsley looks like!

I'm so amazed at these two little miracles. Life is such a work of God!

And now we're just full of anticipation!

It seems like every time I leave my appointments, especially the ultrasounds, I just feel like crying with joy. And a lot of times I do. I always call Jason and tell him how everything went and a few times have found myself tearing up. We've been blessed. We have had an incredibly uncomplicated twin pregnancy. Dr. M always comments on it so it must be true! I feel so thankful and grateful for the uncomplicated-ness of this pregnancy. So much can go wrong with this type of pregnancy...but God has chosen to protect me and the babies so far...and we're so thankful for that!

I'm also amazed day after day with how God's timing has worked with Jason's losing his job and all. It really couldn't have come at a better time. For instance, this week I had two doctor's appointments on different days. Next week...three. And Jason is home now and able to watch the girls. What a blessing! Plus, financially, as far as medical expenses go, we're a lot better off. We don't have to pay anything for the rest of this pregnancy...that's huge, especially with how many appointments I have and who knows how things will go with the delivery.

We've definitely seen God providing for us, day after day. And we're so thankful! Having Jason working from home is a dream come true, for all of us! We're praying that God will bless his job and that this can be a long-term thing! For now though, we can definitely see God's hand in working everything out, it's truly amazing to watch Him work!

No comments:

Post a Comment